Student Attendance/Absence Reporting
- The school day begins at 8:15 am, and supervision is provided from 7:45 each morning.
- Should a student arrive later than this time they must sign in via the Compass Kiosk in the foyer. An explanation must be provided by the parent or guardian at this time.
- Students should enter the College via the main gate in front of reception.
- The school day ends at 2:30 pm, and supervision is provided until the final bus departs at approximately 2:50 pm.
- Should a student be required to depart earlier than 2:30 pm they must be signed out via the Compass Kiosk in the foyer.
- An explanation must be provided by the parent or guardian at this time.
- Students should depart the College via Student Services in the case of early leave or via the side gate as part of the afternoon dismissal process.
- Extended periods of leave should be submitted via Compass prior to the leave dates for approval by the Principal.
- All other leave requests, illnesses or other pressing domestic necessities can be reported using Compass. These should be updated within 7 days of the leave to ensure that absences are not recorded as unjustified. This is a requirement of the 1990 Education Reform Act.